Why is business communication important?
It is common business lore that no time is wasted in any other tasks as in meetings. Out of ten, only two meetings produce output of any value to the company at all. So in the process of combining technology like wireless networks or VoIP with communication, one has to get the basics right.
Combining these basics with the beauty of online conferencing tools will maximize the utility value of business communication. The essentials of corporate communication can be defined as:
- Exchange of views, information and data.
- Communication of options, plans and proposals for the future
- Analysis of past agreements and deals
- The decision making process
There are two kinds of business communication:
- Internal communications: This is related to communications within the organization. This maybe from boss to employee, within employees or among departments.
- External communications: These communications happen with the clients, the suppliers or with other support organizations.
Businesses which are able to base their basic essentials on a VoIP platform for improved communication process make rapid strides towards profits and public image. Deciding on an appropriate online platform will involve two things: Features of the software used and affordability factors.
There are several ways to make online business communication like online conferencing more effective and result driven:
- Decide what your online meeting is going to be about. Set clear goals. Jot them down and email it to other employees.
- Have a clear agenda. Allot specific times to specific topics and list those topics in order of importance.
- Make sure you begin and end on time as everyone has work to do.
- Keep the conference short and relevant. Try not to digress off the main track.
- Inject some humor. It will help break the ice and communication will flow smoother.
- Before wrapping it up, make sure there are action points to follow up on.
- If there are external data sources, make sure every attendee has access to it. Explain any unknown or unfamiliar data.
- Take a break sometime in the middle.
- Assign clear roles to people like that of a moderator or recorder.
- Make sure the online conferencing system is tried and tested with the office operating system and browsers. Otherwise more time will be spent setting up the conference than conducting it.
- Avoid disruptions like tangential discussions and items which are not on the agenda.
Online conferencing is a blend of personal communication skills as well as the ability of the supporting software. The aim remains the same – to get work done in the least possible time.
AZ - VoIP Providers